Topic: Darkest Roleplay [RUINS 2]

These forums are closing and migrating to a new location! Please go to forums.darkestdungeon.com and create your account. Feel free to bring your posts over to this new forum.

This topic contains 265 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by RighteousCrusader RighteousCrusader 2 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #188292
    Rumsztyk
    Rumsztyk
    Participant

    That was hardly the information George was looking for, but it was a hint nonetheless. The soldier had yet to decide whether to trust in the Seer, or dismiss her warning as delusion and crazy-talk. Slowly and not effortlessly, George lifted himself and donned the gloves.

    “Thank you. We’ll be on our way shortly.” he nodded curtly.

    Spoiler

    George Steele
    HP 38/38
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 0

    Ibrahim bin Omer
    HP 19/19
    Stress 64/100
    Gold 0
    George's and Ibrahim's sheets

    Angelica
    HP 22/22
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 500

    Angelica's sheet

    Sister Maia
    HP 26/26
    Stress 25/100
    Gold 100

    Grom
    HP 23/23
    Stress 3/100
    Gold 0

    [collapse]
    #189046
    VanityPirate
    VanityPirate
    Participant

    “Do not speak of this to them. Not anyone…” The caravan rocked softly beneath his feet, and the Seer watched as the man had begun to take his leave. The daylight still filtered in between the wooden planks of the caravan.

    “Please. It would break them.”

    My characters-
    "I'd sneak into your burrito." --Bloodtrailkiller
    "you'll never quote me" --Relentless Oblivion

    Spoiler

    "All flesh fails, in the fullness of time."

    Tilly: Grave Robber
    HP: Healthy
    Stress: 30/100 [Neutral]
    Gold: 4585

    Florence Novel: Plague Doctor
    HP: Healthy
    Stress: 15/100 [Relaxed]
    Gold: 75

    [collapse]

    #189056
    Rumsztyk
    Rumsztyk
    Participant

    George failed to see what part of her vague explanation would “break” Tam Lin or Byron. Nevertheless, he ought to reassure the woman. “Don’t worry, I said I won’t.”

    The soldier picked up his belongings and after leaving the caravan, got himself a nice and warm bit of meat and some ale. In much better mood, he sat with Byron and Tam Lin. Without a word, he started devouring his food.

    Spoiler

    George Steele
    HP 38/38
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 0

    Ibrahim bin Omer
    HP 19/19
    Stress 64/100
    Gold 0
    George's and Ibrahim's sheets

    Angelica
    HP 22/22
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 500

    Angelica's sheet

    Sister Maia
    HP 26/26
    Stress 25/100
    Gold 100

    Grom
    HP 23/23
    Stress 3/100
    Gold 0

    [collapse]
    #190433
    VanityPirate
    VanityPirate
    Participant

    The Seer remained in the Caravan, hands cupped over her eyes. She sat entirely still as the man left.


    The outside camp was a peaceful scene of small clusters of people stretched sleepily about in the afternoon sun. A column of smoke rose from the firepit and the half-carved gobbet on the spit. The children had begun to roam about freely again, prodding with sticks at the off-white mushrooms that dotted the forest floor and shouting in a foreign tongue.

    My characters-
    "I'd sneak into your burrito." --Bloodtrailkiller
    "you'll never quote me" --Relentless Oblivion

    Spoiler

    "All flesh fails, in the fullness of time."

    Tilly: Grave Robber
    HP: Healthy
    Stress: 30/100 [Neutral]
    Gold: 4585

    Florence Novel: Plague Doctor
    HP: Healthy
    Stress: 15/100 [Relaxed]
    Gold: 75

    [collapse]

    #194165
    PorkyLabrador
    PorkyLabrador
    Participant

    Byron had reclined comfortably against the stump he sat upon, his fingers were steepled over his stomach, his expression was dozy and bored. The leonine haired fellow raised and eyebrow and regarded George as one might a regard an ape in a zoo. “No by all means, take your time.” Sarcasm oozed from his words as he stood and stretched, mere minutes of George’s faffing about had felt like many hours. “Tell me our ‘gracious’ host gave you directions and not more cryptic riddles… I am quite certain that if progress isn’t made soon I might find myself rearranging the contents of my head with a ball bearing.” Byron’s upper lip curled into an slightly resentful sneer before his face softened into a calmer, friendlier expression.

    Reaching into his satchel of goodies, the entrepreneur procured an ornate and lovingly polished hip-flask. My, what a bountiful sup I am having… “Chin chin.” He toasted nobody in particular and raised his ‘dinner’ to his lips, relishing the tang of some aged malty spirit as it flooded from his flask and into his throat. Byron was not about to sit and dine with these tinkers and thieves, indeed he was grateful he’d eaten breakfast.

    #194187
    Rumsztyk
    Rumsztyk
    Participant

    Between bites of food and gulps of ale, George replied. “I didn’t ask her *munch munch* about directions. The cellar’s *chomp chomp* by the Old Road, and *gulp gulp* did you see any forks on the way? I didn’t. *nom nom* We’ll find it, don’t worry.”

    The soldier, after feasting, allowed himself a brief moment of blissful rest. It was just what he needed. A loud belch almost managed to escape his mouth, timely covered by his gloved hand, fingertips stained by the food. “I need to walk it off.” He said, standing up.

    Spoiler

    George Steele
    HP 38/38
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 0

    Ibrahim bin Omer
    HP 19/19
    Stress 64/100
    Gold 0
    George's and Ibrahim's sheets

    Angelica
    HP 22/22
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 500

    Angelica's sheet

    Sister Maia
    HP 26/26
    Stress 25/100
    Gold 100

    Grom
    HP 23/23
    Stress 3/100
    Gold 0

    [collapse]
    #197137
    PorkyLabrador
    PorkyLabrador
    Participant

    Every muscle in Byron’s body visibly went into spasm for a moment as he clenched at the air in his lungs in a poor attempt to contain the pot of rage that threatened to boil over and fuel the rising fire in his gut. “YOU DIDN’T EVEN GET THE— ACK!” Both of his pale white palms slapped against his own face as he raggedly exiled into his hands, his eyes fluttering shut as if to suppress the inane stupidity of the outside world.

    His hands fells away as he repressed further outburst. Suddenly Byron found himself with the succinct desire to shout ‘run tinkers, run’ and start shooting at every thieving gypsy in the near vicinity until he felt better. “Right. Apologies… hmph…” The fop necked the remainder of his canteen, thankful the wine in it was strong enough to dull his sense of smell for a moment. The ‘gentleman’ reminded himself that George for better or worse was his only shield again the apparent darkness, even if Byron didn’t believe in ghosts and ghouls having a weapon to cut down someone that might rob him was necessary to turn a profit, after all he couldn’t turn a profit if some cutthroat gave him an all-too-low crimson smile beneath his jawline.

    The entrepreneur re-adorned his best smile as he remembered the guard’s apparent keenness for liquor. “We should be off then… somewhere at least, I’d settle for anywhere at this point.” His tone was a little brusque, hidden under a convincing pleasantness. “We’ve wine to sample and coffers to fill, oui?”

    #201808
    VanityPirate
    VanityPirate
    Participant

    [Hellooo! I’m having difficulty keeping up with DMing and real-life business, along with other RPing commitments, so I will be passing the DM-torch to Blood. He’s a really fantastic DM and a talented writer, though; you really won’t be missing out.

    Happy typing! :^) ]

    My characters-
    "I'd sneak into your burrito." --Bloodtrailkiller
    "you'll never quote me" --Relentless Oblivion

    Spoiler

    "All flesh fails, in the fullness of time."

    Tilly: Grave Robber
    HP: Healthy
    Stress: 30/100 [Neutral]
    Gold: 4585

    Florence Novel: Plague Doctor
    HP: Healthy
    Stress: 15/100 [Relaxed]
    Gold: 75

    [collapse]

    #202928
    Speaker of Truths
    Speaker of Truths
    Participant

    “Well enough,” Tam Lin says as he stands, cleaning the last of the grease from his fingers. “Well, I’ve heard accountants say that time is money, yes? We’ve only so much time left to travel, so let’s fill our purses while we can!”

    This statement = lie

    Spoiler

    Tam Lin
    Health: 26/26
    Stress: 0/100
    Gold: 0
    Daveed Emanuel Garrett
    Health: 27/27
    Stress: 0/100
    Gold: 0
    Rachael Sera
    HP: 21/21
    Stress: 0/100
    Gold: 0

    [collapse]

    #233124
    RighteousCrusader
    RighteousCrusader
    Participant

    [Hello Can, Rumstzky and Relentless! Thanks for taking part in my first ever DMed expedition! Y’all are all capable and experience RPers, so I’ll keep it brief.]

    1. Not a big fan of numbers and what not, so I will DM on an honors system. I know you guys and I’m not really concerned.

    2. This is my first DMed expedition and as much as I love you guys, there is a chance your characters might perish. Be prepared. Love you guys.

    3. Keep track of your characters’ condition, i.e, health, stress and what not. Just use this as an example:

    Alan
    25/25 HP
    0/200
    (insert any loot collected)

    The expedition will be underway shortly, however, not in this moment of time. Once everyone is ready, we will begin.

    When ready, just say that you are, and then I’ll start.

    Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence and three times is enemy action.

    #233126
    Rumsztyk
    Rumsztyk
    Participant

    Am here, ready to roll.

    Spoiler

    George Steele
    HP 38/38
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 0

    Ibrahim bin Omer
    HP 19/19
    Stress 64/100
    Gold 0
    George's and Ibrahim's sheets

    Angelica
    HP 22/22
    Stress 20/100
    Gold 500

    Angelica's sheet

    Sister Maia
    HP 26/26
    Stress 25/100
    Gold 100

    Grom
    HP 23/23
    Stress 3/100
    Gold 0

    [collapse]
    #233138
    relishness oblivion
    relishness oblivion
    Participant

    I’m ready to do this expedition but Libourg is not.

    Currently, he has had to organize his time with Celeste, and as such the expedition has been postponed. Or so he thinks.

    So yeah.

    VanityPirate - "Banished to the elephant graveyard"

    Blood trail killer - "It's like a thumbs up but with Parkinson's tho."

    #234045
    Can
    Can
    Participant

    I’ll be ready, so you can start.

    Will we RP the trio following the tracks without Libourg? And then the trio will go back to town to take Libourg to begin the actual expedition or something?

    Spoiler

    Crusader
    Injuries: None
    Stress: 20/100
    XP: 3/8
    Gold: 50

    Ariel
    Injuries: None
    Stress: 16/100
    XP: 0/2
    Gold: 255

    [collapse]
    #239875
    RighteousCrusader
    RighteousCrusader
    Participant

    (THIS EXPEDITION AIN’T DEAD LADDIES! As a heads up, the expedition will skim the Weald for a bit before coming to the Ruins.)

    A chilly breeze swept through the trees, the leaves rustling in the wind sounded as if they were whispering something to the adventurers.Turn back, the leaves seemed to say. Alan shivered a little, the breeze was rather chilly and he had not come prepared with warm clothing. He lit a torch The trail seemed to head through the edge of the woods, the Crusader’s footprints implanted in the mud. They hadn’t gotten very far; the dim light guided them only a few meters away from the Hamlet. Something howled in the distance. “Like old times, eh?” Alan said to ‘Evelyn’.

    (Post order is: Me, Relent, Can and Rum.)

    Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence and three times is enemy action.

    #239977
    relishness oblivion
    relishness oblivion
    Participant

    Amongst the blackened, translucent plague catching upon the air, the sound of rustling leafs was non-existent, the quivering of wildlife such as rabbits and foxes was quiet nonetheless. A shadow, among the darkness. Somehow managing to stand out from the pitch black ooze. The figure moved slow, he moved methodically yet in a manner that would prove troubling. He was a fair way’s away from the party, and it was incredibly hard to see him from where they stood. Masked in shadow, he moved from tree to tree, not really taking cover in the slightest. Instead he just… walked.

    Braund, the brass cultist with a weighted darkened spring steel executioners sword, the sword itself resting upon his brass pauldron; atop the circular blunted ornaments on his pauldron. He did not follow the path all the way, as he never was one to be trailed so easily. So he kept to the heavy foliage, eyeing the heroes from afar beneath his barbuta, a heavy breath of air emitted through the thin vertical line.

    Alan, or whatever the man’s name was, would feel prickles along his left wrist. Goosebumps, shivering quietly, trying to escape Braund’s vindictive and dead glare. Was he the target? Or was Braund merely content with spreading fear from a distance as he lurked along the swollen and infected path of the darkness beyond the torches reach.

    VanityPirate - "Banished to the elephant graveyard"

    Blood trail killer - "It's like a thumbs up but with Parkinson's tho."

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 266 total)

The forum ‘The Darkest Roleplay’ is closed to new topics and replies.